Wednesday 10 December 2014

Sun rises in the east - learnt the hard way

We all know that sun rises in the east. Even I know, but when there was an application of this, I missed the mark way out. 
Once I wanted to go to a beach to see the sun rise. It is generally believed that beaches are the place you get to see the sunrises and sunsets. So me and a group of my friends went to a beach to see sunrise. Unfortunately that beach was on the western coast and we could just see the light coming and no sun. After so time of pondering we realised that amazing fact that sun rises in the east and we were facing west towards the beach. While we were facing there, the sun rose behind us in the buildings. So, if you are on any eastern side beaches you get to see the sun rise while if you are on the western side, you get to see the sun set. A lesson learnt the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment